Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)
FUMCFW is filled with countless big hearts!!
There are not enough words in my vocabulary to express my gratitude for your faithful and generous support of FUMCFW’s ministries and programs throughout 2022. On behalf of our entire staff, I thank you for making the intentional choice to actively invest not only your dollars in FUMCFW through your tithes and offerings but also to invest your time, your energy, and expertise – your big hearts – in our ministries and special projects. Here is what I am talking about:
• Lent was a beautiful season thanks to 60+ church volunteers.
• All of Central Texas Conference UMC was gushing with compliments about the very successful Annual Conference hosted by FUMCFW in June thanks in a large part to the 80+ church member volunteers.
• Vacation Bible School was a rolling success because of our 160 adult and youth volunteers.
• Youth Ministries depend on 18 volunteers who serve as spiritual guides every Sunday.
• Families love our Children’s Academy made possible because of 65 volunteer teachers and teaching assistants.
• Beautiful music touching our souls happens every Sunday thanks to 75 volunteers who share their musical talents.
• 6th Grade Confirmation will be life-changing for our 6th graders thanks to the 14 adult volunteers.
• 80+ volunteers showed up throughout December and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day making it possible for FUMCFW to celebrate the birth of Christ in a way fit for our King!
• 107 families had the fun of bringing smiles to the faces of children and youth who were part of the Angel Tree project.
• The Friends Breakfast for our neighbors who are living in dire conditions or on the streets will enjoy a Sunday breakfast and fellowship thanks to a hardworking and passionate committee of 20.
And of course there are many more members volunteering in other significant ways such as ushering, communion prep and serving, hospitality, church leadership, youth and children ministry projects, UMW projects and more. Truly First Church could not successfully accomplish our God-given purpose without YOU!
It is through our common goal of putting Christ at the center of our lives that First Church’s collective ability to change lives extends beyond our walls out into our community and into our world. Thanks to you and other fellow disciples, we are mission-focused:
Love God Serve People Transform Lives
In the next couple of days, you should receive by mail your 2022 Year-End Contribution Statement listing all financial contributions made to FUMCFW in the last twelve months. Should you have any questions regarding your 2022 giving, please feel free to contact me at 817-339-5098 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the clergy and staff begin the new year, we are very excited about being in community with each of you. Again, thank you for all you do!
In heartfelt gratitude,
Director of Stewardship