Dear Fellow Disciples,
I hope this note finds you doing well this week. I so miss seeing you on Sunday mornings and during the week!
I once read that “generosity is another way to cultivate joy and gratitude.” I for one need all the joy and gratitude I can find during these unusual days.
Today I am celebrating each of you for your generous spirit and for your intentional giving to First Church during the month of April! Thinking about you brings a smile to my face and fills my heart with gratitude! Here’s why:
- Thanks to you, April Ministry Operating Funds are at approximately 92% of what we received in 2019.
- Of the 568 donors, 72% of you made your gift online or have your giving set up as a recurring gift. I also appreciate those of you who continue to give by check.
- I wish to thank you for your strong second mile giving to our Easter offering, including our First Street Methodist Mission, Methodist Justice Ministry, and other special ministries as beneficiaries.
- Beautiful lilies filled our sanctuary and Wesley Hall on Easter morning, and several are now enhancing our outside perimeters. Thank you to those who made this possible!
- Generosity overflowed in the way of in-kind giving of infant formula, diapers, baby wipes, food items, and sandwiches for the homeless.
- Our youngest disciples demonstrated their love and support for our medical personnel on the front lines by putting together 150 goodie bags that were delivered to several area hospitals. Way to go, kiddos!
I hope the reading of this blog brightened your day and nurtured some joy and gratitude as you realized that you are in community with many other faithful disciples, and, most importantly, in communion with God.
I give thanks for YOU and send you a virtual hug!
Together in Christ,
Director of Stewardship