As we all know, summer (June 21) is quickly approaching and the extreme heat temperatures are upon us. I would like to share some summer tips from the Fort Worth Police Department that will hopefully benefit each and every one of you and your families:
- When walking or jogging choose populated areas or use the buddy system.
- If you wear earphones, choose a volume that will allow you to always be aware of your surroundings.
- Encourage children to play around others.
- Never leave children alone to swim or play and lock gate areas around the swimming pool.
- Unfortunately, children are lost each year from hyperthermia as a result of being left in motor vehicles. The circumstances include children forgotten by a caregiver, playing unattended in a vehicle, or intentionally being left in a vehicle. Take every precaution not to become preoccupied or so busy with your daily activities that you forget about your child in the back seat.
- Don’t assume that another guardian has taken on the responsibility of a child. Make every effort to make accountability of the child(ren).
- Please look before you leave. Be mindful about checking your rear-facing car seats before leaving your vehicle.
- When airing out your home during the day, remember to lock your doors and windows at night.
- Inform trusted neighbors when you plan to travel. They can collect your mail and newspapers.
- Trim trees and bushes in areas where someone could hide around your home’s perimeter.
- Never discuss the time frames you are planning to travel around those you don’t know or trust.
Remember, by working together and staying aware, we can help each other stay safe!
God Bless You All,
Director of Security