1. First of all, I want to thank each of you who came with us on the “Historical FUMC Walking Tour” last Sunday! Beth Finley has attached a great picture that she took of the group when we were at our first church site at Fourth & Jones. The truth is that about five or six parents were all taking pictures at the same time Beth took this one. Again, thanks to every one for an engaging and active morning 🙂
2. Secondly, I want to remind you that this Sunday WE WILL ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN THE “CHILDREN FIRST” WORSHIP SERVICE IN THE SANCTUARY! In addition to November, we will also attend this service one more time in the winter/spring. The logistics for this will be important for you to be aware of…here we go:
- Instead of meeting in our room, you should bring your confirmand directly to the sanctuary. Come down to the front and look for Katie and me.
- Mister Mark has invited our class to help in the service (something very easy and it does not involve speaking). Because of this, I ASK YOU TO COME EARLIER THAN USUAL, IF POSSIBLE…Please try to arrive between 9:00 – 9:15 am and the closer to 9:00 am the better. Guess what — with our clocks “falling back” this weekend, it will be much easier to arrive early on Sunday!
- When the service begins, we will be sitting on both sides of the front of the sanctuary underneath the east and west balconies. This will allow us to help Mister Mark with the symbolic process of honoring the members of our church who have died during the past year.
- Parents…this would be a great opportunity for you and your family to sit near us and enjoy this creative & meaningful worship experience. “Children First” is nationally known as a cutting-edge worship for all ages! We often have other churches come to study it and Mister Mark does a number of workshops all over the country about its philosophy.
- We will be done with Confirmation when the worship service is finished at 10:30 am. That means there is no time on Sunday that we will be in the Justin Building!
I will stop with this and be happy to respond to any specific questions that you send to me. I also will give you another reminder about this on Friday or Saturday.