“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
While some argue that John Wesley never actually said these words, the saying does accurately paraphrase part of Wesley’s “General Rules of Our United Societies” now included in the “Book of Discipline.” In the spirit of all the ways you can, grab your mobile device for these two new ways you can give on the go to the ministries of FUMCFW:
1) Text 817-241-2327
2) Install ShelbyNEXT | Giving app
Simply invest a couple of minutes for one-time initial setup, and then take advantage of these quick and easy ways to give — without cash or checks. Plus, create recurring contributions with even more flexibility through the ShelbyNEXT | Giving mobile app. Here’s how:
1) Text the amount you would like to give to 817-241-2327.
2) If this is your first time to give a text donation, follow the prompt to visit a secure site for registration. (If you’ve given via text before, please make sure your payment method is current.)
3) Enter your credit or debit card information.
4) Tap “Give” to process your donation.
5) Look for a confirmation text to verify that your donation and registration were successful.
• Dollar amount — goes to the Ministry & Operating Fund (for example, $50)
• “Funds” — provides a list of ministry choices
• Amount + ministry name — goes to that specific ministry fund (for example, $10 First Street Methodist Mission)
• “Help” — provides giving instructions
• “Reset” — removes your saved card information
1) Launch the app store from your mobile device, search for “Shelby Next Giving,” and install the ShelbyNEXT | Giving app.
2) Make sure your location services are turned on. When you launch the app, simply choose to search for organizations near you, or you can search for First United Methodist Church by typing the name and/or Zip code (76102).
3) Log in or create a donor profile through the app’s secure third-party website.
4) Make a donation by tapping “Give.”
5) Enter your donation amount.
6) Select your payment method. Tap the “+” icon to add a new payment method. Enter your card information and billing details, or use the “Quick Scan” feature to scan your card information. You can also input your bank account and routing number for ACH/eCheck donations.
7) Select a ministry fund from the drop-down list.
8) Choose your frequency. You can give a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation for any day, weekly, biweekly, monthly, or quarterly.
9) Tap “Next” to process your donation.
• “History”— shows your contribution history
• “Settings” — adjusts your payment methods, personal information, and account details
If you have questions, contact our Business Office at 817-336-7277.