Intensive Journal is a nationally-recognized program that was developed in 1966 by Dr. Ira Progoff to help people experience a life-changing process that gives them greater direction, vitality, and purpose. Since then, it has helped 175,000 people lead more fulfilling lives.
The Intensive Journal method uses an integrated system of writing exercise to help you discover new ways to improve your personal relationships, self-esteem, decision-making skills, career, health and wellness, creativity — and much more.
Rev. Meredith Bell, the leader for our workshop, is the director of the UCF Wesley Foundation for Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas. She has served as Pastor for Women’s Ministry at White’s Chapel UMC and as a youth pastor at Dallas UMC and Graham UMC. Meredith was a hospital chaplain for five years in the Texas Health Resources System Services.
The program is divided into two important parts: Life Context and Depth Contact. Part 1 will be held on Friday, January 29, and Saturday, January 30, 2016. Part 2 will be on Friday, February 12, and Saturday, February 13, 2016. Here are the details:
Intensive Journal® Two-Part Program
Fridays | 5:30 – 9:30 pm
Saturdays | 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 – 4:00 pm, 4:30 – 6:30 pm
$145 each or $280 for both parts | Registration required
Led by Rev. Meredith Bell | Wesley Hall
Part 1: Life Context — Gaining a Perspective on Life
January 29 – 30, 2016
Learn how to use the Intensive Journal method through a direct experience in your own life to:
- Gain a perspective on your life: Develop awareness as you explore prior events, memories, and feelings. This will help you realize possibilities and interests.
- Gain insights about major areas of your life:
- Relationships with other people
- Career and special interests
- Body and health
Part 2: Depth Contact — Symbolic Images and Meaning in Life
February 12 – 13, 2016
Prerequisite: Life Context (Part 1)
Continue your journal work, focusing on the second part of the Intensive Journal workbook:
- Dreams and images: Learn Dr. Progoff’s unique method to develop your symbolic experiences.
- Meaning in life: Learn specific ways of working to develop a more meaningful life.
- Clarify priorities and ultimate concerns.
- Deepen your connection to important areas.