It’s finally time.
I’m writing to you on Thursday afternoon, and I’m still full of energy after a great first “Grow” event last night. This new hybrid in-person and online study and discussion group is a glimpse of the future for our church’s engagement and discipleship, and it was so good to get to see so many of your faces last night, masks and all. I hope you join us next Wednesday either online or in-person — register here to let us know you’re coming.
Speaking of seeing each other in person! This Sunday is our first in-person worship service since March! The Gathering will worship together outside on 5th St, right in front of the beautiful church towers. I can’t wait to see as many of you as possible! The weather should be beautiful, it’s going to be a great time of worship. Here is some info on how it will go.
- Worship will begin at 9:30 am — we recommend arriving 10 – 15 minutes early to get your spot, get settled, and say hello to friends!
- We ask that you fill out a COVID-19 screening form before attending on Sunday. This confirms that you’re feeling healthy, aren’t aware of any COVID exposure, and will help us in contact tracing in the event it becomes necessary.
- We will wear masks and stay 6 feet apart at all times. Please remember to greet one another without hugs or handshakes (be creative)!
- We will have designated seating spots measured out for you in advance. Please sit with your own household only
- Please bring your own lawn chairs or comfortable seating.
- Under advisement from health officials, we will abstain from singing or sharing communion elements at this time.
- Gathering worship will be the only on-campus event. Children’s and Youth Ministries, as well as Sunday School classes, have not yet resumed in-person activities on Sunday morning.
- The service will be live-streamed as usual at fumcfw.org/live, as well as on Facebook and YouTube.
What a day to celebrate! We’ll continue our sermon series, “Put Down Your Phone, And Other Steps For Spiritual Growth,” with a message that will be PERFECT for a Sunday of outdoor worship.
God bless y’all,
Rev. Lance Marshall