There are all different kinds of summer camps — music camps, sports camps.
Here’s what your child did this week in Day Camp:
· Started each day with worship and song.
· Went on a Journey of Faith Nature Walk and heard stories about Jesus every day.
· Helped bring in hundreds of children’s books for the Mission.
· Helped bring in (and refurbish) hundreds of toys for children in need.
· Raised over $650 dollars in loose change for the Mission! Wow!
· Filled 125 hygiene kits.
· Filled literally hundreds of healthy snack bags for the Mission.
· Made friendship cards for shut-ins at a local nursing facility.
· Made placemats for the Room in the Inn program.
· Decorated sacks for our church’s sack lunch program.
· Participated in several work projects around Lyle Lodge — weeding, planting, and mulching — the place looks amazing!
· Oh yeah, and your child also had music, games, water play, canoeing, and snacks.
Now, your child may not be able to hit a ball farther of play an instrument better than this time last week.
But your child has taken a step on a journey.
On behalf of all those who had a part in it, I want to say how honored we were to be there for that step!