September 30 – October 6
You are my God — I will give thanks to you! You are my God — I will lift you up high! Give thanks to the Lord because he is good, because his faithful love lasts forever. (Psalm 118:28-29)
Prayer Of Thanksgiving
Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, to remember that I don’t need most of what I want and that joy is found in simplicity and generosity. Amen.
Consider These Questions
- What is the best thing that has happened this week?
- What music helps you dance with joy and thankfulness?
- If you could talk face to face with God right now, how would you thank him?
- What have you learned lately that has added to your thankfulness?
Show Your Gratitude
- Text random friends and family and wish them a great day just because.
- Spend an hour taking a prayer walk through a nature area. Thank God for the earth and offer blessings for all of creation.
- Read Psalm 105 and think back over the week as to how you were blessed. Remember to add them to your gratitude jar.
- Leave sticky notes on various cars in a store parking lot with simple messages of gratitude or kindness.
- Help a family member accomplish something on their to-do list.