October 7 – 13
Rejoice always. Pray continually. Give thanks in every situation because this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Prayer of Thanksgiving
O God, as I look at the wonderful world you created, with all its beauty and fruitfulness, help me to join in shouting with joy and gratitude. Amen.
Consider These Questions
- What difficult time now has made you stronger?
- What unexpected act of kindness brought thankfulness into your life?
- What could you do today to increase your thankfulness?
- What convenience in your home makes life easier?
Show Your Gratitude
- Read Thessalonians 5:16-18 silently or with your family. Talk about blessings you find in difficulties you may be facing.
- Find and contact a former teacher. Thank them through a hand-written note or personal phone call for the impact that they had on you.
- Find people who are doing a good job at a less than glamorous task and thank them for their good work. If possible, let their managers know as well.
- Thankfulness and grumbling cannot exist in the same space. Pray to let thankfulness overrule the discontent you may be experiencing.
- Contact Lisa Helm, Director of Welcoming Ministries (email@example.com | 817-339-2403) and sign up for a volunteer activity for the upcoming Advent season.