October 14 – 20
Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. (Colossians 3:17)
Prayer of Thanksgiving
Creator of our life and strength. Everything we have is a gift from your open hand. Guide us by your Spirit to be diligent and faithful stewards of all that you entrust to our care. Fill our hearts with trust, so that we can experience true joy through your love and grace. Amen.
Consider These Questions
- Who has helped you know God and how could you show your gratitude?
- What is your favorite time of year/season and why?
- What has changed in the past year that you can show thanks for?
- Who made you smile today?
Show Your Gratitude
- Compliment a co-worker or classmate on something that you respect about him or her.
- Take a tour of First Street Methodist Mission and ask them what you can do for them.
- Read Colossians 3:12-17 silently or with your family. Write down or say out loud, favorite songs, sacred and secular, that makes you happy.
- Find out the next time FUMCFW is scheduled to prepare a meal at the Ronald McDonald House and volunteer to help.
- Read the slips of paper in your gratitude jar. Plan how you will continue to express gratitude for God’s blessings every day.