Tonight and tomorrow represent two of the signature experiences we offer for children and families.
Here at First Church, we pray hard and we play hard!
Tonight is our Good Friday Service for Children and Families
6:15 pm in Wesley Hall
(5:30 free meal in room 350)
Why this Service Matters –
Going Deep with Children – Children need more and want more than rainbows and butterflies. If we’re going to celebrate Jesus’ victory on Easter…victory over what? Telling the whole story of Jesus’ love means telling the Good Friday story.
Service of Shadows – Throughout history, the Good Friday service has often been called the Tenebrae Service. Tenebrae means “shadows.” We use actual shadow images to help tell the Good Friday story. Shadow images allow us to tell the story in a visually engaging way, without resorting to unnecessarily graphic depictions.
Jesus’ Love – While we do talk about the crucifixion, we don’t focus on the violence. We focus on the love. Even on the cross, Jesus was loving, blessing, and praying for others. We explore Jesus as the light of the world. And as long as we keep Jesus’ love in our hearts, that light can never go out.
Saturday Easter Egg Hunt
10:00 am – 1:00 pm – Lyle Lodge
7179 Peden Road in Azle, Texas
Why this Experience Is So Special –
- Lyle Lodge is beautiful – right on the banks of Eagle Mountain Lake. It’s a perfect setting for Saturday family time. (BTW – We could use some help directing parking early on. If you can help, please let us know!)
- We will release hundreds of live butterflies – a powerful, beautiful commemoration of Jesus’ resurrection.
- We will have THREE food trucks this year, so the lines should be much shorter. And tickets are FREE.
- Petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, games, cookie decorating, and four Easter egg hunt divisions. The Easter Bunny will be there, too.
- As a church community, we are committed to PLAY as one of our core values. Praying together and playing together are two powerful acts that bring us closer together as God’s Family!
We look forward to seeing you,
Director of Children’s Ministries
VBS July 9 – 13, 2018