After all the holiday hustle and bustle, the new year is a great time to settle back in and look forward to spending more time together as a church family in worship. Let’s once again renew our commitment to making our presence here known each week by registering our attendance — with the help of our new attendance padfolios! This is a great way to meet and greet those around you, including visitors and potential new members, while letting the church know that you are in worship. Not only does filling out your attendance help our staff keep up with who’s here, who’s missing, and who’s visiting; research shows that taking attendance can actually help a congregation accomplish more.
Here are just a few ways that keeping track helps:
- If everyone fills out their attendance, it encourages our guests to do the same. The attendance padfolio allows everyone to take part so they won’t feel out of place if they are new to our church or just visiting.
- It allows us to keep attendance records for current members of our congregation and send cards to those who have been missing for a few weeks.
- We can identify new guests who aren’t already in our records and then mail them a handwritten note and a small memento of their visit.
- If someone wants to be a teacher or is nominated to be a church leader, we are able to track whether they have been attending consistently.
- After we find out which geographic and demographic areas we are reaching, we can keep this information in mind when planning and expanding programs and events.
Let us know when you’re here so we can make plans for the year. See you soon!