We have been carefully planning a safer return to in-person worship for months now, and we are so excited to invite you back to in-person, indoor worship this Sunday, October 18 at the 9:30 Gathering and 11:00 am Sanctuary services. We’ll hold both of these services in the Sanctuary using a limited (under 25%) seating capacity.
Of course, we will also continue to livestream all of our Sunday services, and they will continue to be available “on demand” throughout each week. We look forward to worshipping together as one community that combines both online and in-person First Church worshippers.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Please make a reservation for the service you’d like to attend by noon on Saturday for each Sunday’s worship services
- Reservations will help us ensure that we are able to maintain at least six feet of space between all seating groups
- This system will also help us to immediately employ contact tracing should the need arise
- Reservations also allow us to make sure we are using all our entrances and exits to mitigate the number of people in any one entrance or exit
- Your reservation will allow us to take attendance at the door
- Your reservation for worship contains our COVID-19 Screening Form as part of your reservation; making a reservation means that you meet all the health criteria for in-person gatherings
WHAT TO BRING:
- We require that you wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times while on campus; if you don’t have one, our ushers will have extras available for you
- Please feel free to bring your Bible or electronic device; there will be no Bibles, hymnals, or paper bulletins in the Sanctuary
- We will not pass an offering plate; please plan to make your offering electronically via your phone or drop your cash or check in any of the black boxes located at each entrance/exit
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- When you arrive, we’ll first take your temperature and then an usher will help you find your seat
- Bring the whole family— we encourage children to join their families in worship! (Our Sunday School classes and Children’s Ministry are not yet meeting in-person on Sunday mornings)
- Youth Ministries will be offering indoor in-person, outdoor in-person, and virtual options for our teenagers during the 11:00 hour, as well as additional virtual and in-person programming options on Sunday evenings. Registration is required for all in-person events; please contact Kat Bair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
- Please do not sing, even with your mask on; humming is just fine!
- No food or beverage on campus unless medically necessary
- Please greet one another safely, with a friendly wave instead of hugs or handshakes (we understand how hard this may be)
- Be sure to maintain at least six feet of distance from people who don’t live with you at all times
- We’ll clean the Sanctuary prior to the 9:30 am service and again between services with our new Victory Backpack Electrostatic Sprayer
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the building using the hand sanitizer stations available at all entrances/exits
Thank you for your help and patience in making worship safer for everyone. See you at church!