What is Focus First?
Fort Worth is growing and we want FUMC to match that pace. How can we prepare to capitalize on that growth? Where are our challenges?
To answer these questions and meet the challenges of our coming era of growth throughout our city, we’re entering into a special process called Focus First. Here’s a quick overview of this exciting process and how it will work:
- Focus First is a church-led process designed to Gather, Organize, Listen, and Discern the answers to empower our church membership to develop this growth strategy together.
- Focus First is a constructive process of sharing what we love about our church and how God uses our church to impact the world. To do this, Focus First asks the questions, “Who are we? Who is our neighbor? What is God calling us to do now?”
- Over the next few months, our church will be gathering specific information through community research, a congregational survey, and a series of Focus Groups. The survey and Focus Groups are your chance to help guide the future of our church.
- By participating in Focus First, you can help our church achieve its God-given purpose in Fort Worth. It’s very important that as many people as possible — from all of our worshipping communities — participate in Focus First.
- Focus First is organized by a six-member coordinating committee made up of a diverse group of FUMCFW members. This committee’s role is to organize the process and the information gathered so that input from the church community as a whole can determine our plans for the future.
- A Spring Leadership Summit will use that feedback to create goals for the near-term future. The project will be completed by June 2018.
Contact: Rev. Lance Marshall | firstname.lastname@example.org