We are so excited to recognize your family and your little one at the Baby Celebration this coming Sunday, February 14!
I just wanted to walk you through things so you aren’t too overwhelmed on Sunday morning.
1. We’ll have the back rows of the Sanctuary, under the balcony, reserved for you before the 11:00 am service. Elizabeth Marshall will be there to greet you.
2. During the service (within the first 15 minutes), we will invite immediate family to come to the front of the Sanctuary with the babies while the congregation sings two verses of “All Things Bright and Beautiful.” (Bring all your stuff — lovies, diaper bags, golf clubs, etc. — with you.) Elizabeth Marshall will let you know right when to come down.
3. You can all line up along the Communion rail, facing out toward the congregation. You don’t have to be in any particular order.
4. Dr. Bruster will hand a microphone to the parents on the far end. You can introduce yourselves and, of course, your adorable baby (i.e., “We are the Burrows Family, and this is our daughter Gracie”).
5. One of our Children’s Ministry staff will hand you a little Bible. A child will hand you a flower.
6. A minister will lead a short responsive reading. Parents will always respond with the same words: We are blest, and we will bless. (We wanted to keep the response brief and easy so you wouldn’t need to read your bulletins. Goodness knows you’ll have your hands full with baby, diaper bags, and the Bibles we just gave you . . .)
7. The congregation will have a chance to respond, and we will all sing a song to the tune of Jesus Loves Me.
8. Dr. Bruster will offer a closing prayer, and then we will immediately exit to attend a reception for the babies (and their families) in the Children’s Atrium. We’ll have breakfast refreshments and some information for you. But mostly it’s a chance for you to meet and visit with the other families.
We are so glad you are allowing us a chance to celebrate your precious child!