2021 Lay Leadership Nominations
August 23, 2020 – September 20, 2021
August 23 through midnight on Sunday, September 20, 2020
Nominate via US Mail or online form only
Do you know someone who would make a great leader in our church community? Now, more than ever before, we need your help to select the next leaders of FUMCFW. We would love to hear from you!
Nomination forms for church leadership committees are now available. This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will only be accepting online and mail-in nominations. (To mail in your nomination, please print the ballot below and mail to FUMCFW, 800 West Fifth Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76102; Attention: Rhonda Gaber.)
While we appreciate all nominations, please be aware that our United Methodist Book of Discipline requires some committee nominations to be approved by the Charge Conference, so please understand that a nomination does not automatically result in appointment.
Thank you for your interest in the Lay Leadership Committees of FUMCFW. You can find the description of these committees at fumcfw.org/leadership.
Requirements for participating in one of these leadership positions are as follows:
- Full Member of FUMCFW.
- Regular attendance in worship at FUMCFW.
- Participate in giving to the church budget (Because Lay Leadership Committees are responsible for the stewardship of our church’s budget, those selected for these committees should have a demonstrated willingness to support our church’s ministry and operating budget.)
- Committees are typically filled for 3-year positions. Occasionally, we have vacancies that are filled for 1 or 2 years.
- Attention is given to ensure that committees reflect the diversity of age, gender, small group affiliation, length of time at FUMCFW, committee experience, and preferred worship services.
- The Committee on Nominations & Lay Leadership Development will meet in October to create a leadership slate, to be voted upon at Charge Conference, 2020. Those elected will begin to serve in January 2021.
- The Committee on Nominations & Lay Leadership seeks to create a pool of people who are willing to serve or have been identified by members as having leadership gifts. After discussion and discernment, committee members will seek to fill vacancies from this pool.
- Those nominated will be contacted by committee members in October with an invitation to serve in the coming year.