- This event has passed.
Wednesday, March 6 – Sunday, April 21
Help us support our church ministries and local community with our Easter Offering. Please make your gift with a check or donation envelope marked “Easter Offering” in the Sunday Offertory, by mail, or in the Main Office. You can also make your gift online.
This year’s “Second Mile” Easter Offering will benefit the following special ministries of our church:
- First Street Methodist Mission to provide emergency food, clothing, infant formula, and limited financial assistance with respect and compassion for all whom we serve.
- Infant Formula Program of First Street Methodist Mission to provide formula, diapers, and clothing to parents and caretakers of infants 12 months old and younger.
- United Community Centers to provide a fun, safe summer experience for children in partnership with United Community Centers’ Summer Campership Program.
- Methodist Justice Ministry to protect women and children from domestic violence, abuse, and neglect, offering new lives free of violence, abuse, fear, and self-loathing.
- Lydia Patterson Institute to give bilingual student interns opportunity to assist with any ministries of the church that fit with their gifts and graces and especially to promote Hispanic ministries whenever possible.
- Community Advocate to mentor and support individuals who struggle with homelessness by providing mentoring, life coaching, and connection with social service agencies, job opportunities, and healthcare.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support Ministry to offer specialized dementia care training and education to individuals, families, and caregivers who are dealing with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.