2020 Bible Challenge
Wednesday, January 1 – Thursday, December 31
January 1 – December 31, 2020 | Join any time
Register for the challenge
Would you like to make 2020 the year you read the entire Bible — or that you read it again? If so, then we have some great news. Under the skilled and insightful leadership of Dr. Zhenya Gurina-Rodriguez, we’ll do it together!
Here’s how it will work:
- Register for the challenge online.
- Get a Bible, if you do not have one already. We recommend the Common English Bible, but you are more than welcome to choose the translation you like best.
- Download the plan here. (Or get a hard copy of the plan from Dr. Z) Every day will have a reading from the Old Testament and the New Testament — a total reading assignment of about four chapters per day.
- Beginning January 1, set aside about thirty minutes a day for reading your Bible.
- Read Zhenya’s blog (posted every other week) for special insights about the context, culture, and historical events relevant to the current readings.
- Email Zhenya (firstname.lastname@example.org) any questions you have as you read. Remember, no question is unimportant! If you raise it, it is valid.
- Meet with other readers for coffee every other month at 8:00 am in Room 350 to review what we have read and enjoy Zhenya’s introduction of what is coming up next in our plan.
- See how reading the Bible becomes a nurturing part of your day and how your own experience of God grows with every passage you read!
Bible Challenge Meetup
June 6, August 1, September 5, October 3, November 7, December 26, 2020
9:00 – 10:00 am | Zoom
February 3, April 6, May 4, June 8, July 6, September 14, October 5, November 2, 2020
1:00 – 2:00 pm | Zoom
Let’s get real. This is a tall order, and some of us may fall behind or skip some days! That’s OK. Just catch up if you can, and if you missed too much to catch up, just jump back in and join us wherever we are at the moment. It will also be easy to use the Bible Challenge Meetup as a reset opportunity — a quick recap of what you missed and encouragement to start reading again. Whether you have read the Bible every day for your entire life — or if this is going to be your first time opening it — all are welcome to take up this challenge! AND, with the support of a group of fellow readers around you and Zhenya’s gentle leadership, you will feel supported throughout the entire year and enjoy the special connection of achieving this goal with likeminded others who will assure you, “We all are in this together!”
Let’s look forward together to 2020 as a year when we see our faith in God grow and our lives transformed as we read the Bible together.Register Download the Plan
Contact: Dr. Zhenya Gurina-Rodriguez | email@example.com
This is an open group for anyone, whether they participate in the 2020 Bible Challenge or not. This is a space to share your thoughts, ask questions, engage others in dialogue and, the most important, experience the community brought together by the grace of God around the Holy Scripture.