Bible Challenge 2022
Saturday, January 1 – Saturday, December 31
Do you want to know what’s in the Bible? Let’s read it together in 2022! You get to choose whether you want to read the entire Bible (about 20 minutes a day) or only New Testament (about 5 minutes a day). Consider using an audio Bible and listening to it — that’s a great option!
We believe that God speaks to us through the reading of the Scripture. When you follow our daily reading plan, you get to hear God speaking to you every single day. It will take just a few weeks for you to develop a habit of daily fellowship with God that could last a lifetime. Every day you will be drawn into a conversation with the Bible — you will ask questions, notice patterns, discover meanings that speak directly to your own life journey.
What about the stuff that looks confusing and irrelevant? We will sort it out together. Here is how we will support you through this year:
- Participate in our monthly conversation with Rev. Dr. Zhenya Gurina-Rodriguez, Rev. Phyllis Barren, and Rev. Lance Marshall to discuss the history, cultures, geography, meanings of the Bible. We will meet on the first Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm in-person and on Zoom.
- Or watch our monthly lessons on-demand online (TBD).
- Ask us ANYTHING! Yes, just send an email (email@example.com) or(firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will help you. No question is unimportant! If you raise it, it is valid.
Let’s be real, some of us will fall behind or skip some days! It’s ok. If you can, catch up. If you missed too much, just join us where we are at the moment.
Everyone is welcome to participate! Whether you have read the Bible your entire life or this is going to be your first time opening it — take up the challenge! Choose to read the entire Bible (Full Plan) or only New Testament only (Lite Plan). You will have our support throughout the entire year. This is what your daily readings will look like:
Genesis 1, 2:1-17
full plan pdf
lite plan pdf
Here is what you need to do next:
join zoom discussion
- Register for the Bible Challenge
- Choose the Bible you will be reading (a physical copy or electronic, what translation, what kind of print). Phyllis and Lance will be reading CEB Study Bibles, the translation that we mostly use in our church. Zhenya will be reading the recently updated NRSVue Bible.
- Download the full or lite plan.
- Decide when and where you will be reading the Bible every way.
- Put our monthly meetings on your calendar (first Thursday of the month, starting on January 13).
- Start reading or listening to the Bible on January 1st
Contact: Dr. Zhenya Gurina-Rodriguez | email@example.com