- This event has passed.
5th Street Cafe Dementia Friendly Social Club
Wednesday, February 19 | 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 11:00am on day First of the month, repeating until May 7, 2020
An event every month that begins at 11:00am on day Third of the month, repeating until May 21, 2020
First & Third Wednesday of each month
January 8, February 5, February 19, March 4, March 18, April 1, April 15, May 6, May 20, 2020
11:00 am – 12:30 pm | Justin Youth Building, Asbury Room | 801 W. 5th St.
Registration required to 817-332-6266
5th Street Cafe Dementia Friendly Social Club is a new venture by Dementia Friendly Fort Worth and its partners, held at First United Methodist Church of Fort Worth on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
This friendly gathering of people with self-reported memory loss, mild cognitive impairment, or a diagnosis of some type of dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease offers the opportunity for social engagement, friendship, and a break from the daily routine for people in early stages of dementia.
5th Street Cafe is where:
- People with any form of dementia or memory loss and a family member can go to socialize, learn, have fun, and meet new friends.
- You can relax and just be yourself, knowing that no one is judging and everyone there is going through similar challenges.
- The only agenda or purpose is to enjoy each other’s company.
The 5th Street Cafe offers:
- Relief from feelings of isolation and depression through positive interaction with others.
- Support by professionals and volunteers who understand the challenges of those with cognitive impairment.
- A free opportunity to participate and enjoy stress-free social interaction.
How to help:
- Volunteer to help host a session
- Provide refreshments
- Make a financial contribution
- Attend as a dementia friend
Contact: Gail Snider, Dementia Friendly Fort Worth Executive Director email@example.com | 817-332-6266