The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Every church expresses that mission in its own way and First UMC has for years now expressed it this way: Love God. Serve People. Transform Lives. We hold ourselves accountable to this mission.
So how are we doing in 2018 so far?
- 139 new members have joined FUMCFW in 2018, a 63% increase over the same time frame last year.
- Total worship attendance is up 18% over last year.
- Spring Academy attendance (Children’s Ministry) is up 12%.
- 552 kids have registered for Vacation Bible School this summer, and there are still weeks of registration to go.
- 118 youth have registered to participate in a summer service trip, up 47% over last year. This includes 40 who will spend a week serving at Camp Barnabas assisting special-needs campers.
- Our newest worshipping community, The Gathering, has grown significantly. Average attendance is now 306 people per Sunday in two services, a 62% increase over the same time frame last year.
These numbers are important because each number represents a person. Each number represents an individual growing to closer to God in worship, in discipleship, and in commitment to Christ. Each number represents transformation.
What makes this possible? Your generous giving and your support of the work that God has given this church to do through your prayers, your presence, your serviceand your witness.
Please consider joining Susan and me and all the other families who live out their membership vows in tangible, transforming ways. If you already give, thank you! I hope you will consider making an additional commitment to support our wonderful, vibrant, and successful ministries. If you have never given before, know that 86 people have made a first-time gift to our church in 2018. I’m sure that taking this step forward was a leap of faith for every one of them, and I hope they inspire you to join them.
No matter who you are, your gift is a vital contribution to supporting the mission of this congregation.
As we enter the summer months with all the ministries that will take place, your giving is critically important.
Grace and Peace,
Dr. Tim Bruster
Ways to Give
Go to fumcfw.org/givenow.
Check or Money Order
Make payable to FUMC Fort Worth; deliver to the Business Office, the Main Church Office, or via mail to 800 W. 5th St., Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
Text to Give
ShelbyNEXT | Giving App
Download the app to give from your smart phone. Learn more.